Pages

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Inner Healing

“At step one, we become aware of an inner block. At step two, we
offer that block to God to be removed. Step three is the reward
step for our work. At step three, we simply open our minds to the
inflow of God's love, wisdom, and comfort.” - Inner Healing
The Three-Step Process: Self-Perception
a companion to Inner Healing by Dan Joseph
The three-step process, as outlined in Inner Healing, is a way of
opening to an inner experience of God’s love and support. The process
involves: (1) acknowledging some of our inner blocks, (2) becoming
willing to prayerfully release them, and (3) opening to an experience of
divine comfort and love. One simple way of describing the process is,
“Feeling to Thought, Release and Receive.”
Step One: Feeling to thought (or perception)
Here is a situation that is bothering me:
When I think about this problem, I feel _____:
(ex. angry, afraid, etc.)
I feel this way because I see myself as _____:
(ex. attacked, abandoned, etc.)
Step Two: Releasing the old
At step two, the aim is to release these thoughts and feelings to God.
You can offer your old perceptions to God like a bunch of packages.
You can say:
“God, I feel _____ and I see myself as _____.
However, I take ownership of those feelings and perceptions.
I give them to you - here they are.
Help me to exchange them for an experience of your love.”
Step Three: Receiving the new
Step three is the real goal of the process. Having identified some of
your distressing thoughts and feelings in step one, and having offered
them to God in step two, you can now open to the inflow of God’s
healing, transforming love. You can say:
“God, my mind is open. Please inspire a new view of this
situation and a new view of myself. Replace my distressing
feelings with a sense of your love. My heart is open to you.”
Then simply rest, openly and receptively, welcoming the inflow of
God’s love, comfort, and inspired new thoughts and perspectives.
A companion to Inner Healing by Dan Joseph. Copyright © Quiet Mind Publishing, LLC. This worksheet is located at www.QuietMind.info.

No comments:

Post a Comment